In a time, where digitalization and automatization are on everyone’s mind, we must not forget about the human and how to keep him/her in the loop. Requirements and tasks are changing and impose new challenges on the work force. Rail human factors deals with the question of how to incorporate the human in today’s railway system as well as the system of the future.
The fifth German workshop on Rail Human Factors will offer an opportunity to meet with national and international experts in the fields of railway research and rail human factors.
Topics of interest
Focus of the workshop is human-related research aiming for a user-friendly, safe and efficient rail transport of tomorrow.
The workshop topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
Have a look at the abstracts from 2022:
- Dr. Niels Brandenburger, Friedrich Maximilian Strauß, Igor Bier:
Implementation of a Remote Control Workplace to Realize Remote Train Control over 5G-Network in Real-World Testing
- Esther Bosch, Anne Goralzik,Birte Thomas-Friedrich :
Train Drivers’ Reaction Times to A Visual Detection Task as Benchmark for ATO Systems
- Richard Bye:
Human Factors at Network Rail: Looking Backwards into the Future
- Dipl.-Inf. Marc Burkhardt:
Why do we need more User Experience (UX) in our development?Developing trainings to improve cognitive skills of technical operator in the railway domain
- Nicole Stoller, Stefan Wahrstätter, Dr. rer. nat. Jonas Brüngger, Prof. Dr. Katrin Fischer:
Bar display or numeric display – which punctuality display makes more sense for train drivers?
- Birte Thomas-Friedrich & Anja Naumann:
Evaluation of Human-Machine-Interfaces for Rail Signalers
- Kristin Mühl, Philipp Rollin, Zaki Kebdani:
Paving the way for reinforcing safety culture
- Ole Kroczek:
DB Regio’s Safety Management System @half waypoint
Sign up here for the Rail Human Factors workshop newsletter
- The controller responsible for the collection and processing of the personal data is the ITS mobility e.V., Hermann-Blenk-Straße 18, 38108 Braunschweig, phone: +49 531 23172120, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your email address provided with the registration is solely collected and processed for the purpose of delivering the rail human factors workshop newsletter. Legal basis is your consent (Art 6 Absatz 1 a DSGVO)
- The controller uses the newsletter software Newsletter2Go. Your data are therefore transmitted to the Newsletter2Go GmbH. Newsletter2Go is not allowed to sell your data or to use it for other purposes than the delivery of the newsletter. Newsletter2Go is a certified German supplier selected according to the requirements of the Federal Data Protection Act. Further information can be found here: https://www.sendinblue.com/information-for-email-recipients/
- Your data are stored until you revoke your consent.
- You have the right to obtain information from the controller about the concerned personal data, the right to rectification, to erasure or to restriction of the processing.
- You can revoke your consent at any time without the legitimacy of processing being touched due to the consent given until recall. You can revoke your consent by using the sign-out link added to the each newsletter or by stating your recall via email to email@example.com
- You have the right to object to a regulating authority.
Dipl.-Inf. Marc Burkhardt
(Siemens Mobility GmbH)
Prof. Dr. Birgit Milius
Dr. Anja Naumann
(German Aerospace Center)
You do not need a XING account for registration!
When you enter your data, do not fill in the field password. So no XING account is generated.
Phone: +49 531 231721-28